2 tablespoons canola oil
2 lbs. beef stew meat, diced 1/2 inch by 1/2 inch
1 cup yellow onion, diced small
2 tablespoons garlic cloves, minced
4 tablespoons shallots, minced
2 tablespoons jalapeno, stem, seed and membrane removed
2 cups tomatoes, chopped
2 tablespoons chile powder
2 tablespoons cumin
1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
12 ounces beer, your choice
½ cup cilantro leaves, chopped
4 each limes, juiced
2 tablespoons kosher salt
1. In a large skillet, sauté in canola oil yellow onions, garlic, and
shallots until they start to caramelize.
2, Add chili powder, cumin, and cayenne pepper and continue
cooking until spices start to toast.
3. Add diced beef and continue to cook until pork starts to brown.
4. Deglaze with beer, add jalapeño and tomatoes and continue
cooking on medium heat until pork becomes tender and sauce
begins to thicken.
5. Remove from heat, finish with kosher salt and lime juice.
6. Serve with warm flour tortillas.
Beef can be substituted.
Serve with warm flour tortillas
KDFW FOX 4
Main Station Directory:
Didn't find what you were looking for?