4 each Baby Back Ribs
½ cup Rib Rub (see recipe)
4 cups Shiner Bock
1 cup Bacon Fat
1 cup BBQ Sauce
1) One by one, on a cutting board and score the back of each rib in a checkerboard fashion.
2) Sprinkle each rib, front and back, with a light coating of rib rub
3) Allow to sit with rub overnight in a covered container.
4) The next day, place the ribs in a cake pan with high sides.
5) Place Shiner Bock in pan.
6) Cover pan with plastic wrap and then with foil
7) Place in a 275 degree oven for 8 hours.
8) Remove from oven and remove foil/plastic.
9) Allow to cool for one hour then remove the ribs carefully from the liquid and place on a clean work surface or cutting board.
10) Brush each rib rack with a coat of bacon fat and then with a heavy coat of bbq sauce on both sides.
11) Place on a hot grill to mark slightly and serve immediately.
1 lb. Brown Sugar
¼ cup Cayenne Pepper
½ cup Smoked Paprika
¼ cup Red Pepper, ground
¼ cup Garlic Salt
½ cup Dark Chili Powder
¾ cup Ancho Chili Powder
1 cup Italian Seasoning
2 TBSP Black Pepper, coarse
½ cup Kosher Salt
1) Mix all the ingredients together and place in a covered plastic container.
KDFW FOX 4
Main Station Directory:
Didn't find what you were looking for?