Thanks to Chef Patrice Olivan, tonight @ Central Market, Lovers Lane in Dallas. www.centralmarket.com
Salted Cod (Brandade de Morue)
· 1 lb salted cod filet
· 1 cup milk
· 1 cup water
· 1 bay leaf
· 1 sprig fresh thyme
· 1 cup peeled, diced potato
· 1 Tablespoon finely minced garlic
· ¼ cup olive oil
· ½ cup heavy cream
· salt and pepper
1. Soak the salted cod in cold water in the refrigerator for 6 hours, changing the water every 2 hours.
2. In a medium pot, simmer milk, water, bay leaf and thyme.
3. Drain the cod and cut into small pieces.
4. Add cod to the pot, and continue simmering for approximately 10 minutes or until cod begins to fall apart. Drain well.
5. Meanwhile, cook the potato in simmering water until soft and cooked through. Drain and dry in 300* F oven for 10 minutes.
6. In small separate pots, gently heat the cream and olive oil to about 130* F.
7. In a mixer with paddle attachment, mix the cod, potato and garlic until mixture becomes a paste.
8. At low speed, slowly add olive and cream, alternating between the two to create an emulsion.
9. Adjust seasoning as needed, keep hot and serve with toasted fresh bread.
KDFW FOX 4
Main Station Directory:
Didn't find what you were looking for?