Charles Pugh responds to accusations of Twitter bullying - Dallas News | myFOXdfw.com

Charles Pugh responds to accusations of Twitter bullying

Posted: Updated:
Detroit City Council President Charles Pugh Detroit City Council President Charles Pugh
DETROIT (WJBK) -

Detroit City Council President Charles Pugh is defending his online actions after being accused of bullying on Twitter.

"I am many things, but bully I am not," says Pugh. "I'm the nicest guy I know and I'm sticking to that."

On Saturday, a Detroit News columnist shared her thoughts on how Pugh recently dropped 60 pounds and released a series of YouTube videos on how he did it. Readers were quick to comment, including Josh Sidorowicz, who tweeted: "Wow, love this little piece. Too bad @Charles_Pugh has been such a disappointment to the city of Detroit so far."

Pugh noticed the tweet and did not skip a beat. He replied to Sidorowicz by saying, "yes, a huge disappointment. Just a downright loser. LOL."

The barbs went back and forth between Pugh and Sidorowicz, who interns at Automotive News. At one point, Pugh tweeted the auto journal asking officials to have a word with Sidorowicz. (See the entire exchange in the gallery below)

"If I have interns in my office who are on Twitter or Facebook attacking people, I'd want to know," said Pugh. "He's saying that I got a personal agenda and that I'm a disappointment. What does that mean? Just simply give some clarity to that. That's the whole reason I kept back and forth with him. I have a right to defend the hard work that I'm very proud of."

FOX 2 reached out to Sidorowicz for comment, but he declined to go on camera.

"I'm going to continue responding to people the way I see fit," says Pugh. "I'm am so not a bully, but when people says things that I think are offensive, you know, you respond."

Officials at Automotive News would not comment on this story either. They do, however, tell FOX 2 that Josh is great intern and still works for the company.

  • Local NewsLocal NewsMore>>

  • 24-year-old women is $66 million jackpot winner

    24-year-old women is $66 million jackpot winner

    Thursday, July 31 2014 11:26 AM EDT2014-07-31 15:26:09 GMT
    The Michigan Lottery says a Port Huron woman is the winner of a $66 million Mega Millions jackpot that was drawn in mid-June.Kelsey Zachow says in a statement that she "could barely breathe" when she learned she was the winner.
    The Michigan Lottery says a Port Huron woman is the winner of a $66 million Mega Millions jackpot that was drawn in mid-June.Kelsey Zachow says in a statement that she "could barely breathe" when she learned she was the winner.
  • Winner of $66 Million Mega Millions Jackpot to be Announced

    Winner of $66 Million Mega Millions Jackpot to be Announced

    Thursday, July 31 2014 10:31 AM EDT2014-07-31 14:31:30 GMT
    Michigan Lottery news conference to announce the winner of the $66 million Mega Millions jackpot from Friday, June 13, 2014.
    Michigan Lottery news conference to announce the winner of the $66 million Mega Millions jackpot from Friday, June 13, 2014.
  • City of Detroit posts improvement updates online

    City of Detroit posts improvement updates online

    Thursday, July 31 2014 7:18 AM EDT2014-07-31 11:18:29 GMT
    Residents will be able to view the number of new streetlights installed in their Detroit neighborhood, how many lots were mown and the number of vacant houses demolished by going to the city's website.
    Residents will be able to view the number of new streetlights installed in their Detroit neighborhood, how many lots were mown and the number of vacant houses demolished by going to the city's website.
Powered by WorldNow

KDFW FOX 4
400 N. Griffin Street
Dallas, Texas 75202

Main Station Directory:
(214) 720-4444
News Fax:
(214) 720-3263 or (214) 720-3333

Didn't find what you were looking for?
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Fox Television Stations, Inc. and Worldnow. All Rights Reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Ad Choices