Thanks to Melody Fitzgerald of www.southernbreezemarketcafe.com for this recipe.
Pie Pops Recipe
2 ½ cups all-purpose flour
1 tsp salt
1 tsp sugar
1 Cup unsalted butter cold and cut in pieces
¾ cup ice water
Mixed Berry Compote
Combine about 6 cups of Mixed Berries such as Blackberries, Raspberries & Blueberries with 1/3 cup of sugar and place over burner in large pot on low heat, just until berries begin to release their juices, add 1 TBSP of corn starch to 1/3 cup of cold water. Chill prior to serving.
Makes 25 pie pops
Bake at 375 for 10 minutes or till golden brown and flaky
1. Combine flour, salt and sugar in food processor
2. Add butter and pulse slightly until pea sized pieces form
3. Gradually add iced water 1 Tablespoon at a time till mixture comes together and forms pea sized crumbs
4. Gather dough into 2 patties, shape and wrap in plastic
5. Refrigerate 1 hour
6. Let dough sit a room temp 10 minutes, roll out to ¼ inch thick, dust with flour to prevent sticking. Cut out desired shape, brush with beaten egg, attach stick to bottom shape, fill with 1 Tablespoon of filling, seal with fork around edges, brush with egg wash, sprinkle with sugar, bake 10 minutes in oven at 375 degrees or until golden brown and flaky.
KDFW FOX 4
Main Station Directory:
Didn't find what you were looking for?