Thanks to Nancy Addison for this recipe! www.HowToBeAHealthyVegetarian.com
By Nancy Addison
Excerpt from How to Be a Healthy Vegetarian
I love mushrooms, and I make these quick and easy nibbles all the time. I serve these as a quick bite for lunch or a snack. They are terrific as appetizers and/or a side dish. Serve them warm or cold.
10 or more button or small cap mushrooms
enough soy sauce (organic and unpasteurized) to cover the mushrooms
¼ c. Pesto (recipe on page 227)
¼ c. raw, organic goat cheese (optional)
1. Brush off mushrooms and remove stems.
2. Soak mushrooms in soy sauce two hours or overnight.
3. After soaking, place mushrooms in a baking dish.
4. Fill mushrooms with pesto and top with a dab of goat cheese, if using.
5. If you wish them to be warm, warm mushrooms in an oven, toaster oven, or warming drawer.
I soak the stems, too, chop them, and save them for use in other recipes.
When warming, keep the temperature under 118 degrees to keep the enzymes alive.
KDFW FOX 4
Main Station Directory:
Didn't find what you were looking for?