'BEST WINGS ON THE PLANET'
½ cup Turbinado Sugar (sugar in the raw)
½ cup Kosher Salt (if using sea salt reduce amount to ⅓ cup)
¼ cup Fine Grind Black Pepper
¼ cup Chili Powder
2 tbsp Garlic Granules
2 tbsp Onion Granules
2 tbsp Celery salt
2 tbsp Seasoning salt (Johnnys)
2 tbsp Accent
1 tsp Dry mustard (Coleman)
¼ tsp Cumin
1 quart Distilled Water
¼ cup Sugar
¼ cup Kosher Salt (if using sea salt reduce amount to 3 tablespoons)
2 tbsp Accent
1 tbsp Chipotle Powder
1 tbsp Garlic Granules
1 tsp Onion Granules
Blend together and maintain temperature at or below 40°F
10.5 oz Cranberry/Habanero Jelly (other types of pepper jelly work)
10.5 oz Apple Juice
1 Tablespoon Pressed garlic
Blend together and bring to a simmer
1. Remove wing tips and skin membrane between the 2nd and 3rd joint and separate wings into 2 bone and drummies.
3. Place in large zip lock with marinade and refrigerate for at least 4 hours but no more than 12 hours.
4. Remove from marinade and rinse
5. Apply a good coat of cheap yellow mustard
6. Apply a generous coat of rub
7. Cook on grill with indirect method at 275°F to 300°F for approximately 1 hour
8. Place wings in hot glaze for good coat and return to grill to set glaze being careful not to burn as the sugar content will caramelize rapidly.
Serve and enjoy!
Mack & Sharon Yarbrough
KDFW FOX 4
Main Station Directory:
Didn't find what you were looking for?