Thanks to Jason Bosu and his new restaurant in Roanoke, Tacos & Avocados
1 cup Panko bread crumbs
1/2 cup vegetable oil for frying
1. Scramble egg in bowl, set aside.
2. slice avocado in half, Scoop out half from skin Cut each half into 4 equal slices
3. Roll each slice in panko bread crumbsm, dip in egg wash and then again in panko bread crumbs
4. Freeze for two hours. Stay close to the two hour mark in order to get correct density of avocado flesh.
5. Refrigerate for up to two hours after the two hour freeze for frying use.
6. Fry in oil at 350 degrees for 45 seconds.
7. Serve with a favorite sauce
BUTTERMILK RANCH DIPPING SAUCE
· 1 cup buttermilk
· 1/2 cup mayonnaise
· 1 teaspoon lemon juice
· 1/8 teaspoon paprika
· 1/4 teaspoon mustard powder
· 1/2 teaspoon salt
· 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
· 1 Tbsp chopped fresh parsley
· 1 teaspoon chopped fresh chives
· 1/4 teaspoon of dry dill (or a teaspoon chopped fresh)
1 In a medium bowl, stir together the buttermilk and mayonnaise until fully mixed. Add in the other ingredients, adjusting for taste.
Keeps for a week, covered in the fridge.
Yield: Makes about 1 1/2 cups.
KDFW FOX 4
Main Station Directory:
Didn't find what you were looking for?