The mother of a North Texas high school student who died from a cheese heroin overdose said there weren't any signs of drug use leading up to his death.
Kiet Nguyen was a standout football player at Creekview High School in Carrollton. He seemed to balance school, sports and a social life pretty well.
But on the morning of Sept. 13 his family found him dead inside his room.
The test results now back from his autopsy reveal he died from an overdose of heroin.
No drugs or drug paraphernalia were found in the house.
Tina Nguyen said at first she had no idea her son had even tried drugs, but right after his death a friend approached her and confessed they'd tried cheese heroin together.
"That was my son's choice, you know? People make him do it, but if he strong he don't want to do it. But he wanted to try something," she said.
KDFW FOX 4
Main Station Directory:
Didn't find what you were looking for?