Blue Goose Blackened Chicken Charity Quesadilla
A wonderful quesadilla for a wonderful cause
Makes 2 quesadillas
½ -pound boneless, skinless chicken breast
3 tablespoons blackening spice, recipe follows
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
1 poblano pepper seeded and sliced into strips
1 avocado diced
1 cup Monterey Jack cheese
Pico de gallo
· Rinse and pat dry the chicken breast, trim off any excess fat, and rub with blackening spice.
· Heat one tablespoon of oil in a skillet over medium high heat, add the chicken and cook until brown and cooked through, about 6 minutes on each side. Remove to a cutting board, cool slightly and dice.
· Using 1 tablespoon of oil, sauté the sliced poblano peppers, over medium high heat, until tender.
· Return chicken to pan with peppers and cook a few minutes till thoroughly heated.
· Place jalapeno cheddar tortilla in large separate pan and cover with half of the jack cheese
· Add half of the chicken and pepper filling to one half of the tortilla
· Add 2 tablespoons of fresh diced avocado
· Fold in half and cook both sides until cheese is melted and tortilla becomes crisp
· Repeat with second tortilla
· Slice into 4 pieces and serve with a side of pico de gallo and sour cream
Blackening Spice Rub
1 tablespoon granulated garlic
1 tablespoon freshly crack black pepper
2 teaspoons granulated onion
2 teaspoons ground cumin
1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1 teaspoon paprika
1/2 tablespoon salt
Combine all of the ingredients in a small bowl. Store in an airtight container
KDFW FOX 4
Main Station Directory:
Didn't find what you were looking for?