Thanks to Cassie Presley from Seasons 52, now open at NorthPark Center.
Sonoma Goat Cheese Ravioli
with Organic Tomato-Basil Broth
1 piece goat cheese ravioli (recipe below)
1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
1 teaspoon garlic, minced & caramelized
⅛ cup organic tomatoes, peeled & diced ½"
¼ cup leaf spinach, cut into fine strips (optional)
Basil leaves, fresh picked and cut into fine strips
½ teaspoon pine nuts, toasted
⅛ cup vegetable stock
1 tablespoon Parmesan cheese, fresh grated
4-5 drops extra virgin olive oil
· Simmer vegetable stock. Have slotted spoon on hand.
· Place goat cheese ravioli in simmering vegetable stock to poach for one minute.
· Heat olive oil in a small pan. Add caramelized garlic, tomatoes and vegetable stock. Add ravioli to simmering tomatoes and garlic. Arrange spinach in the bottom of a dinner bowl in a thin, even layer. Add ravioli on top of spinach. Spoon sauce over ravioli. Sprinkle grated parmesan cheese and pine nuts over ravioli.
· The hot stock will heat the spinach garnish.
· Add drops of extra virgin olive oil for a gourmet touch.
8 each eggroll skins
1 oz eggs, pasteurized (or 1 egg, beaten)
8 ounces goat cheese filling (recipe below)
· Pre-portion 4 ea, 2-oz portions of goat cheese filling. Shape pre-portioned cheese like small discs.
· Lay out 4 eggroll skins and place pre-portioned cheese in center. Brush eggroll skin edges with egg wash. Lay another eggroll skin over the cheese. Press and seal the edges, pushing out all air pockets. Trim ravioli round with a cutter. Reserve on a refrigerated pre-lined tray.
Goat Cheese Filling
6 oz goat cheese
2 oz ricotta cheese
¼ cup basil, fresh, minced
Pinch black pepper
· Grate goat cheese into a bowl. Puree cottage cheese in food processor. Combine all ingredients in the bowl with the goat cheese and mix well with plastic spatula. Store refrigerated until you are ready to prepare ravioli.
*Ravioli can be prepared using fresh pasta sheets and same method.
KEY LIME MINI INDULGENCE
Pie Filling Ingredients:
5 ounces fresh lime juice
1 each lime, grate zest very fine (no white pith)
1 can sweetened condensed milk, 14oz can
4 egg yolks
· Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
· In a medium bowl, whisk egg yolks and sweetened condensed milk together until smooth. Whisk in lime juice and zest and pour mixture in glass pie dish. Bake at 350 degrees for 13 minutes. Remove from oven and cool on a wire rack. Refrigerate.
Assembly of Mini Indulgence:
Graham cracker crumbs
Lime wedge for garnish (tiny cut)
Key lime pie filing, in a pastry bag
· Fill the bottom of shot glass or cordial glass with 1 tablespoon of graham cracker crumbs.
· Place key lime filling in a pastry bag.
· Pipe filling over crumbs. Alternate layers of crumbs and filling until glass is filled.
· Garnish with whipped cream and lime wedge.
KDFW FOX 4
Main Station Directory:
Didn't find what you were looking for?