Thanks to John Morst of Bonefish Grill for this recipe! www.bonefishgrill.com
WARM MANGO SALSA OVER FISH
Add a sweet, exotic flavor to grilled fish or poultry.
Active Time: 30
Start to finish: 30
2 each or 2½ cups Firm, fresh mangos
2 tbsp Fresh red pepper, diced
1 tbsp Fresh garlic, chopped
¼ cup Red onion, diced
1 tbsp Olive oil
¼ tsp Crushed red pepper flakes
3 tbsp Light corn syrup
1 tbsp Granulated sugar
2 each or 2 tbsp Scallions, chopped
¼ cup Cilantro, chopped
1) Peel, seed and dice mango.
2) Place 2 cups of mango into a large bowl with garlic and red pepper- reserve ½ cup of mango.
3) Place reserved mango in blender and puree until smooth. Combine with diced mango, garlic, and red pepper.
4) Heat olive oil in small sauté pan - add red onions and cook until tender (about 2 to 3 minutes). (Note: Red onions can be substituted with yellow onions.)
5) Place on paper towel to absorb any excess oil.
6) Combine with all remaining ingredients and add to bowl with mango. Mix well.
7) Pour into a small sauté pan and heat for 1 to 2 minutes - until warmed.
8) Remove from heat and stir in scallions and cilantro.
9) Serve immediately over fish.
KDFW FOX 4
Main Station Directory:
Didn't find what you were looking for?