Electrical panel causes Dallas hotel fire - Dallas News | myFOXdfw.com

Electrical panel causes Dallas hotel fire

Posted: Updated:

A fire in an electrical panel forced hundreds of Dallas hotel guests to evacuate the building.

The fire broke Saturday afternoon at the Crowne Plaza hotel in downtown Dallas.

Guests said they could barely see as smoke filled the hallways and fire alarms blared, though Dallas firefighters said the flames were contained to a third floor stairwell.

One person was taken to a hospital for breathing problems.

387 people were registered guests in the hotel.

Those guests and workers had to rush out of the building, some without any shoes on, and without their purses, cell phones, and wallets.

Once the fire was extinguished, there were still problems with the hotel's electricity.

Generators were being used Sunday morning.

Some evacuated guests spent the night at other hotels.


Powered by WorldNow

400 N. Griffin Street
Dallas, Texas 75202

Main Station Directory:
(214) 720-4444
News Fax:
(214) 720-3263 or (214) 720-3333

Didn't find what you were looking for?
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Fox Television Stations, Inc. and Worldnow. All Rights Reserved.
Privacy Policy | New Terms of Service What's new | Ad Choices