Chef Gregg Sterin of Seasons 52 Plano shares his recipe for cider glazed chicken skewers with grilled apples and Fuji apple slaw.
12 ea chicken tenderloins
2 oz soy sauce
2 oz Dijon mustard
¾ cup apple slaw
1 cup grilled apple rings
4-8 pieces dried cranberries (rehydrated)*
½ cup toasted pumpkin seeds*
Salt & pepper to taste
• Marinate chicken tenderloins in Dijon, mustard and soy sauce. Assemble marinated chicken on bamboo skewers. Grill chicken over hot, clean coals. Caramelize evenly on both sides. Baste generously with cider glaze while grilling. When skewers are ready, arrange them creatively with Fuji apple slaw and grilled apples. Garnish with sprinkle of cranberries and toasted pumpkin seeds. Drizzle cider glaze over the top
• To reconstitute cranberries, place ½ cup of berries in a cup of water, cover and microwave 1 minute.
For pumpkin seeds, spice them up by rubbing with green tabasco and Old Bay Spice before toasting.
FUJI APPLE SLAW
¾ cup rice vinegar
¾ cup agave nectar
4 tablespoons whole grain mustard
2 cups julienned Savoy cabbage
½ cup julienned celery root
½ cup julienned jicama
½ cup julienned Fuji apples
¼ cup dried cranberries (rehydrated)
½ cup rough chopped mint
• In small sauce pan boil rice vinegar, agave and mustard sauce. Place cabbage and celery root in a shallow glass dish and pour hot dressing on top and mix well. Cover and allow to sit for 10 minutes at room temperature. Add the rest of the ingredients, except mint, and toss to mix well. Add mint when mixture is cool and you are ready to serve.
3 apples (any variety in season that you prefer)
Extra virgin olive oil in spritz bottle
• Wash and core apples and slice 3/8" to ½" thick. Discard end cuts. Lay slices flat on tray and spritz each slice with one spritz of olive oil on each side.
• Wipe grill very clean. Grill over hot coals, not direct flame; rotate the slices ¼ turn halfway through cook time. Allow natural sugars to caramelize. Flip slices over and cook; rotate a few times ¼ turn halfway to caramelize. Remove from grill and use warm or hold until ready to serve.
KDFW FOX 4
Main Station Directory:
Didn't find what you were looking for?