A Prosper couple and their daughter escaped with their lives -- but not much else -- after fire ripped through their rural Denton County home overnight.
Linda and Efrain Anzualda, plus their 21-year-old daughter Brandi, were asleep in their house in the 17000 block of Prosper Road when flames broke out in an unattached garage.
Prosper Fire Department Chief Ronnie Tucker said the isolated property is three miles from the closest fire hydrant. Because of last night's winds, the flames spread quickly from the garage to the 3,800 square foot home.
The Anzualdas fortunately woke up and managed to get out safely. Another daughter, Angela, lives in a mobile home on the same property.
"My parents woke me up about 3 o'clock in the morning," she said.
Although firefighters from Frisco, McKinney, Little Elm, Celina, Flower Mound and Pilot Point were helping, crews could not get enough water from tankers to douse the flames.
Today, there's very little left of the house. Firefighters returned periodically Thursday morning to check for hot spots in case wind carried sparks elsewhere.
Angela said her mother had just purchased the family's Christmas gifts the day before, and everything was lost in the fire.
The Anzualda family is staying in a hotel until they can rebuild.
KDFW FOX 4
Main Station Directory:
Didn't find what you were looking for?