Historic Grapevine home destroyed by fire - Dallas News | myFOXdfw.com

Historic Grapevine home destroyed by fire

Posted: Updated:
GRAPEVINE, Texas -

One of the oldest homes in Grapevine went up in smoke early Friday morning, but fortunately, no one was injured.

Firefighters responded about 4 a.m. to a fire in the 500 block of Wildwood Dr. The couple who lived there managed to get out safely, but the house was burning fast.

As firefighters poured water onto the flames, the roof collapsed. The house appears to be a total loss.

According to the fire department, the house was built in the 1860s and used to be the home of the first postmaster in Grapevine.

Investigators are working to figure out why it caught fire.

Powered by WorldNow

KDFW FOX 4
400 N. Griffin Street
Dallas, Texas 75202

Main Station Directory:
(214) 720-4444
News Fax:
(214) 720-3263 or (214) 720-3333

Didn't find what you were looking for?
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Fox Television Stations, Inc. and Worldnow. All Rights Reserved.
Privacy Policy | New Terms of Service What's new | Ad Choices