Family members, neighbors and friends are mourning the loss of a Haltom City woman and her three grandchildren who died Thursday afternoon in a house fire.
Haltom City fire officials say 53-year-old Maritza Garces, along with 5-year-old Gene Rayos, 3-year-old Jayleen Rayos and 2-month-old Jaime Moran, Jr. all died at area hospitals.
Garces' daughter, 23-year-old Yessenia Garces, stood tearfully outside the home at 4925 Colonial Park and sobbed for her mother, her children, Gene and Jayleen, and her nephew, the baby known as Junior.
A neighbor saw smoke pouring from a second-floor window about 5 p.m. yesterday. He called out to see if anyone was inside, but heard no answer.
Haltom City fire investigators believe the fire started in the living room. The family's live Christmas tree went up in flames, but the fire department may never know what actually sparked it.
Garces Memorial Fund
Account 3549451601 at Wells Fargo
Wells Fargo customers can also email firstname.lastname@example.org
KDFW FOX 4
Main Station Directory:
Didn't find what you were looking for?