LEWISVILLE, Texas (AP) - Natural gas service has been restored to a North Texas neighborhood where a broken line and explosion left a resident dead and two firefighters injured.
Atmos Energy said Monday the pipeline has been repaired and its investigation into the leak and blast that destroyed a Lewisville home continues.
A man critically injured during Friday afternoon's explosion died Sunday night. Scott Deahl was staying in a home owned by the nonprofit group Christian Community Action.
Lewisville fire Chief Tim Tittle on Monday referred investigation questions to a city spokesman who didn't immediately comment. Officials initially said Deahl was notified about the leak, after an electric utility crew damaged the Atmos line Friday morning, but wasn't ordered to evacuate because he was upwind.
Two firefighters suffered injuries not believed to be life-threatening.
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
KDFW FOX 4
Main Station Directory:
Didn't find what you were looking for?