Atmos gas workers repaired a second gas leak in Lewisville, less than two miles from a home that exploded last week.
Tuesday morning neighbors on Price Drive, near Fox Avenue and Interstate 35, started calling 911 because they smelled gas. At least three homes were evacuated as a precaution.
Atmos said the leak was actually discovered Monday on a low pressure service line and the repairs were made on Tuesday.
This past Friday another leak caused the explosion of a duplex in the 500 block of Main Street, scattering debris on several nearby lots.
A man who was inside the home, 55-year-old Scott Deahl, was killed and two firefighters were injured.
KDFW FOX 4400 N. Griffin StreetDallas, Texas 75202
Main Station Directory:(214) 720-4444News Fax:(214) 720-3263 or (214) 720-3333