Election board: Dominick remains on Cicero ballot - Dallas News | myFOXdfw.com

Election board: Dominick remains on Cicero ballot

Posted: Updated:
CICERO, Ill. (Sun-Times Media Wire) -

Town President Larry Dominick can remain on the Feb. 26 ballot, an election board ruled unanimously Wednesday, the Sun-Times is reporting.

The three-member panel ruled against challengers who were trying to get Dominick tossed off the Cicero ballot for unpaid license and permit fees.

Those challengers, including Juan Ochoa, alleged Dominick was a partner in a plumbing company owned by George Hunter, and that the company owes the town for years of business licenses.

The challengers also alleged that Dominick built or expanded a new garage at his home, but didn't have permits and didn't pay the permit rate to the town.

Dominick testified last week that he and Hunter — who have known each other for more than two decades — have never done business together.

Share Your Photos & Video

  • Politics NewsMore>>

  • Mayors' group pushes for pension reform

    Mayors' group pushes for pension reform

    Monday, April 21 2014 12:04 PM EDT2014-04-21 16:04:17 GMT
    money-roll-genericmoney-roll-generic
    More than two dozen Illinois mayors are set to hold a news conference, hoping to encourage state lawmakers to make changes to pension systems for local police and fire departments.
    More than two dozen Illinois mayors are set to hold a news conference, hoping to encourage state lawmakers to make changes to pension systems for local police and fire departments.
  • US Sen. Durbin says he's taking Oberweis seriously

    US Sen. Durbin says he's taking Oberweis seriously

    Sunday, April 20 2014 11:10 AM EDT2014-04-20 15:10:55 GMT
    U.S. Sen. Dick Durbin says he's taking his opponent in the November election more seriously than any challenger since he first was elected to the Senate.
    U.S. Sen. Dick Durbin says he's taking his opponent in the November election more seriously than any challenger since he first was elected to the Senate.
  • Quinn: Tighter controls after Medicaid paid $12M for Illinois dead

    Quinn: Tighter controls after Medicaid paid $12M for Illinois dead

    Saturday, April 19 2014 9:57 PM EDT2014-04-20 01:57:44 GMT
    The state of Illinois is trying to recoup roughly $12 million its Medicaid program paid in medical services for dead recipients.
    The state of Illinois is trying to recoup roughly $12 million its Medicaid program paid in medical services for dead recipients.
Powered by WorldNow

KDFW FOX 4
400 N. Griffin Street
Dallas, Texas 75202

Main Station Directory:
(214) 720-4444
News Fax:
(214) 720-3263 or (214) 720-3333

Didn't find what you were looking for?
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Fox Television Stations, Inc. and Worldnow. All Rights Reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Ad Choices