Thanks to Brian Luscher from The Grape for this recipe.
Chef's Easy Winter Soup
Serves 6 as a starter or two entrée portions
Olive oil 2 t
Butter, whole 2 T
garlic, peeled, minced 1 T
red chili flakes small pinch
kale, washed, stemmed, cut 1 c
cherry tomatoes, halved 1 c
squash, butternut, peeled, small dice, blanched 1 c
Italian sausage, cooked, sliced 1 c
chicken, roasted, pulled 1 c
chicken stock 3cc
heavy cream 1 c
wild rice, cooked 1 c
grated parmesan cheese ¼ c
salt &fresh ground black pepper to taste
1. Preheat a medium soup pan, over medium low heat.
2. Place butter in pan& oil and allow to foam.
3. Add garlic and chili flakes, cook until aroma is apparent.
4. Add veggies, sausage and chicken cook until lightly wilted.
5. Add stock, heavy cream, and cooked rice. Simmer.
6. Cook slowly approx. one hour.
7. Season to taste and serve.
KDFW FOX 4
Main Station Directory:
Didn't find what you were looking for?