Just moments after residents evacuated their home after smelling gas, their house exploded and burned Thursday morning.
The accident happened about 7 a.m. on the corner of Tennie and Weaver Streets in Gainesville.
Fortunately, there are no injuries.
The immediate surrounding neighborhood was evacuated while crews worked to get the leak capped.
The Red Cross coordinated a nearby shelter at Whaley United Methodist Church on Rosedale Drive. They will remain on scene for assistance until neighbors are allowed to return home.
KDFW FOX 4400 N. Griffin StreetDallas, Texas 75202
Main Station Directory:(214) 720-4444News Fax:(214) 720-3263 or (214) 720-3333