Thanks to Joel Pena, executive chef at Texas Motor Speedway, for this recipe!
Candied Bacon Recipe
Makes 6 Servings
1/4 cup packed brown sugar
2 tablespoons rice vinegar
2 tablespoons maple syrup
ground black pepper to taste
1 pound thick-cut bacon
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
2. Mix brown sugar, rice vinegar, maple syrup, and black pepper in a small bowl.
3. Place bacon slices on cooling rack set over a baking sheet.
4. Bake in the preheated oven for 10 minutes, turn slices, and bake another 5 minutes.
5. Remove bacon and brush both sides with brown sugar mixture. Return bacon to the oven and bake another 5 minutes. Repeat basting every 5 minutes until bacon is browned and crisp, about 35 minutes.
KDFW FOX 4
Main Station Directory:
Didn't find what you were looking for?