Thanks to Chef Kyle Noonan of the Bowl and Barrel for this recipe.
Water, cold 1/4 cup
Powdered Gelatin, unflavored 2 TBSP
Butterscotch Chips 1 1/3 lbs
Heavy cream1 3/4 quarts
Light Brown Sugar 1/4 cup
Kosher Salt1 tsp
Vanilla Extract1 TBSP
Graham Cracker Pie Crusts 2 ea5.
1. Sprinkle gelatin over cold water and allow to bloom, 5 minutes
2. Combine Chips and bourbon in large bowl. Pour warm cream mixture over chips and whisk to melt.
3. In a stainless steel pot over medium heat warm heavy cream, brown sugar, salt and vanilla until the brown sugar dissolves completely
4. Pour warm cream mixture over butterscotch chips and bourbon and stir with a whisk until butterscotch chips are fully melted. Puree in small batches in a blender and strain into pie shells. Any extra mix should be poured into beige cups for gluten free requests.
5. Place filled pies in freezer to set overnight.
6. Mark into 8 slices. Move to refrigerator 3 hours before serving.
KDFW FOX 4
Main Station Directory:
Didn't find what you were looking for?