Thanks to Chef Grant Morgan of The Ranch for this recipe.
1 pound Elk or Ground Beef, 80/20 blend
2 ½ TBSP Onions, small dice
1 TBSP Garlic, fresh, chopped
¼ each Jalapeno, seeds and stem removed, fine dice
½ TBSP Dark Chili Powder
1/8 tsp. Cayenne Pepper
1 tsp. Kosher Salt
1 tsp. Black Pepper
¼ tsp. Cumin
¼ cup Roma Tomatoes, small dice
¼ bunch Cilantro, chopped fine
1) Brown the meat and add the onions, garlic, and jalapeno
2) Cook until fully cooked
3) Add the spices and cook for 2 minutes
4) Strain off the fat
5) Add the tomatoes and cilantro mix well to incorporate
6) Remove from heat and use immediately or cool down and hold in an airtight container in the refrigerator until needed.
PEACH JALAPENO SALSA
4 Each Firm Peaches, Chopped
2 TBSP Shallots, Chopped
3 Each Jalapenos, Chopped
1 Each Lemon, Juiced
2 TBSP Cilantro, Chopped
1 Each Small red bell pepper, Diced
1 tsp Sugar
1) Blend all ingredients in a small bowl.
2) Add salt and pepper to taste
3) Cover and let stand of 1 hour before serving
2 bunches cilantro, rough chopped leaves and no thick stems
½ cup pecans, split
¼ cup Grated parmesan
½ cups Olive oil
1 TBSP Black pepper, coarse ground
1 TBSP Kosher salt
.5 Pounds Sour Cream
2 TBSP Lemon Juice
1/8 cup Heavy Cream
4) Blend first 6 ingredients in a small container using a blender.
5) The mixture will be very thick and will seem as though it needs liquid. Continue blending and incorporating the oil and pulverizing the cilantro.
6) In a Mixing bowl mix contents of blender with sour cream, lemon juice and heavy cream.
KDFW FOX 4
Main Station Directory:
Didn't find what you were looking for?