A fire at an East Point apartment complex left 10 people without a place to live on Sunday evening.
East Point firefighters had to ask the nearby College Park Fire Department for assistance after a fire broke out around 7:20 p.m. at the Victory Place Apartments on Chateau Boulevard off of Washington Road.
It took the combined crews about an hour to get the fire under control, but not before the structure was gutted.
No one was injured in the blaze, and fire officials say that 9 adults and a child left homeless by the fire are being assisted by the Red Cross.
What sparked the fire remains under investigation.
KDFW FOX 4 400 N. Griffin Street Dallas, Texas 75202
Main Station Directory: (214) 720-4444 News Fax: (214) 720-3263 or (214) 720-3333