Thanks to Chef Antonio Marquez of Lazaranda for this recipe.
Creamy Poblano Rice
2 cups prepared white rice
2 teaspoon butter
1 teaspoon garlic chopped
2 tbs onions chopped
½ cup corn kernels
1 cup grilled poblano pepper diced
2 tbs cilantro chopped
½ cup heavy whipping cream
½ cup Chihuahua cheese grated
1 pinch salt and white pepper
1. Heat a sauté pan to medium heat, add the butter, onions and garlic and sauté for 30 seconds.
2. Add the corn kernels, the poblano pepper diced and cook 40 seconds.
3. Add the chopped cilantro and then the rice and cook for another 30 seconds.
4. Pour the cream and sprinkle the cheese on top of the rice and cook everything for about 35 seconds until the rice is hot and creamy and the cheese is melted.
5. Serve hot
Ajillo Sautéed Shrimp
7 piece shrimp 21/25 peeled and cleaned
1 tbs olive oil
1 teaspoon garlic chopped fine
1 teaspoon guajillo pepper julienned
1 tbs tomato sauce prepared
1/2 piece lime ( juice )
1 pinch salt and black pepper
1 tbs cilantro chopped fine
1. Peel and clean the shrimps and set aside in refrigeration
2. Heat a sauté pan to medium high and pour the olive oil until hot.
3. Add the garlic and guajillo pepper julienne and sauté for 30 seconds
4. Add then the tomato sauce and lime juice and cook for another 40 seconds until the shrimp it's cooked "al dente", very important not to overcook the shrimp
5. Season with salt and pepper and serve hot in a nice round plate.
1.5 oz Mocambo White Rum (from Veracruz, Mexico)
1 oz simple syrup
1/2 oz fresh key lime juice
2 teaspoon muddled cilantro
1 teaspoon finely chopped jalapeño
4 muddled mint leaves
KDFW FOX 4
Main Station Directory:
Didn't find what you were looking for?