Thanks to Chef David Mcmillian of the Meddlesome Moth for this recipe.
Serves four people
8 fresh raw asparagus
2/3 cup fresh English peas, shucked
2 good handfuls of arugula
1 Tbsp of fresh dill or parsley or chives rough chopped
Grated parmesan as needed
Black pepper fresh ground
½ c lite soy sauce
2 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
2 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1. Buy a 1/2lb to 1lb of English peas & shuck at home. Do as many or as little as you like. You should blanch them in lightly salted boiling water for a minute, then remove and drop in to ice water. This can be done a day in advance.
2. Using a vegetable peeler shave asparagus into a mixing bowl. Start at the base and peel toward the tip. When you can't peel anymore just cut the tips in half. Don't get hung up on pretty slices with the peeler, it will be fine!
3. In a small bowl combine soy, lemon juice & olive oil. Adjust to your taste. Don't make it too oily!
4. In a larger bowl place arugula, peas & asparagus. Toss a bit.
5. Stir & add dressing in a spoon full at a time. Mix with your hands to really move lettuce to coat evenly and not to bruise.
6. Taste. Re-season.
7. Divide onto plates or bowls.
8. Grate parmesan over the top & serve.
KDFW FOX 4
Main Station Directory:
Didn't find what you were looking for?