Child dies after choking at school - Dallas News | myFOXdfw.com

Child dies after choking at school

Posted: Updated:
DALLAS -

A 4-year old Pre-K student is dead after choking on a chicken taco at a Dallas ISD school.

It happened at Mount Auburn Elementary School on East Grand Avenue.

Those at the school performed the Heimlich maneuver and CPR on Manny Ramirez.

He also suffered a seizure.

Ramirez was rushed to the hospital but it was too late.

Grief counselors are on campus to help the staff and students.

The district sent a letter home with students notifying parents of the child's death.

Manny Ramirez's sister also attends Mount Auburn Elementary.

Powered by WorldNow

KDFW FOX 4
400 N. Griffin Street
Dallas, Texas 75202

Main Station Directory:
(214) 720-4444
News Fax:
(214) 720-3263 or (214) 720-3333

Didn't find what you were looking for?
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Fox Television Stations, Inc. and Worldnow. All Rights Reserved.
Privacy Policy | New Terms of Service What's new | Ad Choices