Still no arrest in Hurst baby death - Dallas News |

Still no arrest in Hurst baby death

Posted: Updated:
HURST, Texas -

Anastasia Williams loved Barney, kissing her mother Angela Turnpitt, and spending time with her father Robert Williams. But, it's still unclear exactly how the 3-year-old died.

The little girl was living at an apartment complex in Hurst, with her father.
It was her father who ran to a neighbor for help, late Friday afternoon.
Tammy Schofield lives in the building behind Williams.
She heard him knock on her neighbor's door.

"My baby's not breathing! My baby's not breathing! Can i use your phone?," said Robert Williams.
Schofield ran outside to find Williams in a panic.

Schofield heard her neighbor say, "I don't know you so I'll call 911."
Anastasia's mother and father never married.

Family members say the young couple lived in Arkansas but separated shortly after Anastasia was born.
Turnpitt went to Indiannapolis to live with a friend of the family.
She says Anastasia would often spend weeks at a time with her father.
FOX4 spoke to Turnpitt in Indiannapolis by phone.
She said Williams flew to Indiannapolis in November of 2011.

"He told me that he wanted to come pick up our daughter for two weeks and he would bring her back before Christmas," said Angela Turnpitt. "Two weeks went by no call no messages on Facebook, nothing," said Turnpitt.

She says that was the last time she saw Anastasia.

The young and single mother claims she had no job, no money and no education.
"I was not stable enough to take it to court and be involved in a custody battle and win," said Turnpitt.
She said she eventually got in touch with Williams. He had moved to Texas.

Turnpitt and her daughter talked on the phone but the little girl remained with her father in Texas.
Turnpitt says Williams called her on Friday to tell her what happened.

"Robert had laid her down for a nap and a couple of hours after that, went to go wake her up and she wouldn't wake up. When he touched her, she was stiff," said Angela Turnpitt.
Hurst Police have not made any arrests in the case.
Investigators are still conducting interviews.
According to the Tarrant County Medical Examiner, the child suffered a lacerated liver because of an assault.
Turnpit now wishes she could hold her little girl one last time.

"Mommy's missed her and never went a day without wishing she was home. I love her with all of my heart," said Angela Turnpitt.

Powered by WorldNow

400 N. Griffin Street
Dallas, Texas 75202

Main Station Directory:
(214) 720-4444
News Fax:
(214) 720-3263 or (214) 720-3333

Didn't find what you were looking for?
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Fox Television Stations, Inc. and Worldnow. All Rights Reserved.
Privacy Policy | New Terms of Service What's new | Ad Choices