Cigarette may have ignited fatal overnight fire - Dallas News | myFOXdfw.com

Cigarette may have ignited fatal overnight fire

Posted: Updated:
DALLAS -

A man was killed in a Far North Dallas apartment fire Thursday morning.

A 4-year-old boy who lived in the apartment in the 3900 block of Rosemeade Parkway woke up his father when he smelled smoke around 1 a.m. The father went to try and rescue a roommate who lived at the home while the mother and son safely escaped.

As the father tried saving the roommate  the flames grew. He decided to leave the roommate but had to escape by tying some bed sheets together and climbing out the window of his second story home.

Firefighters quickly put out the flames and later discovered the victim was a smoker who also had to use an oxygen tank. That led them to believe that's what may have caused the fire since it started on the couch where the victim was sitting.

Powered by WorldNow

KDFW FOX 4
400 N. Griffin Street
Dallas, Texas 75202

Main Station Directory:
(214) 720-4444
News Fax:
(214) 720-3263 or (214) 720-3333

Didn't find what you were looking for?
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Fox Television Stations, Inc. and Worldnow. All Rights Reserved.
Privacy Policy | New Terms of Service What's new | Ad Choices