Firefighters inhale chemical fumes on hazmat call - Dallas News | myFOXdfw.com

Firefighters inhale chemical fumes on hazmat call

Posted: Updated:

Three Garland firefighters were treated at Baylor hospital after inhaling chemical vapors on a hazardous material call.

The call came in Saturday night from a business on 1400 Wall Street.

Workers were attempting to discard a chemical, but inadvertently put it in a vat that already contained another chemical.

It sparked a reaction which created vapors in the area, leading to the evacuations of several businesses nearby.

The chemicals were allowed to self-extinguish, according to the Garland fire department.

The firefighters who breathed in the fumes were examined and released from the hospital.

Powered by WorldNow

KDFW FOX 4
400 N. Griffin Street
Dallas, Texas 75202

Main Station Directory:
(214) 720-4444
News Fax:
(214) 720-3263 or (214) 720-3333

Didn't find what you were looking for?
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Fox Television Stations, Inc. and Worldnow. All Rights Reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Ad Choices