Alex Rodriguez has little to say on MLB drug probe - Dallas News | myFOXdfw.com

Alex Rodriguez has little to say on MLB drug probe

Posted: Updated:
AP file photo AP file photo
NEW YORK (AP) -

Targeted by Major League Baseball's investigation into performance-enhancing drug use, Alex Rodriguez says he'll wait to fully comment on the decision by a former anti-aging clinic head to cooperate with the probe.

The New York Yankees third baseman was among the players linked to Biogenesis of America founder Anthony Bosch in a January report in the Miami New Times. Bosch agreed this week to cooperate with MLB's probe, which could lead to suspensions for Rodriguez, Ryan Braun, Melky Cabrera and others. MLB hopes Bosch will provide information implicating players in the use of banned PEDs.

MLB is interviewing players linked to Biogenesis, a now-closed clinic in the Miami area. Rodriguez is recovering from hip surgery in January and regularly works out at the Yankees' minor league complex in Tampa, Fla.

"Myself and others are being mentioned in a media report before the process is even concluded," Rodriguez said in a statement issued Thursday by his new spokesman, Ron Berkowitz. "I will monitor the situation and comment when appropriate. As I have said previously, I am working out every day to get back on the field and help the Yankees win a championship. I am down here doing my job and working hard and will continue to do so until I'm back playing."

After The Miami New Times story was published, Rodriguez issued a statement through spokesman Terry Fahn on Jan. 29 saying "Alex Rodriguez was not Mr. Bosch's patient, he was never treated by him and he was never advised by him. The purported documents referenced in the story -- at least as they relate to Alex Rodriguez -- are not legitimate."

  • Sports NewsSports NewsMore>>

  • Lawsuit: ex-Buffalo Bills cheerleaders were exploited, groped

    Lawsuit: ex-Buffalo Bills cheerleaders were exploited, groped

    Tuesday, April 22 2014 8:08 PM EDT2014-04-23 00:08:06 GMT
    Buffalo Bills / NFLBuffalo Bills / NFL
    Five former Buffalo Bills cheerleaders on Tuesday sued the team over a pay system they say had them working hundreds of hours for free at games and at mandatory public appearances at which they were subjected to groping and sexual comments, and one said they had to take a jiggle test so their boss could see how firm their bodies were. The state Supreme Court lawsuit is the third filed this year against a National Football League team by cheerleader...
    Five former Buffalo Bills cheerleaders on Tuesday sued the team over a pay system they say had them working hundreds of hours for free at games and at mandatory public appearances at which they were subjected to groping and sexual comments, and one said they had to take a jiggle test so their boss could see how firm their bodies were. The state Supreme Court lawsuit is the third filed this year against a National Football League team by cheerleader...
  • USA's Keflezighi, Kenya's Jeptoo win Boston Marathon under tight security

    USA's Keflezighi, Kenya's Jeptoo win Boston Marathon under tight security

    Monday, April 21 2014 10:09 PM EDT2014-04-22 02:09:20 GMT
    AP photoAP photo

    "The Star-Spangled Banner" played over Boylston Street in honor of an American winner of the Boston Marathon. One year after a bombing there killed three people and left more than 260 injured, Meb Keflezighi added Boston to a resume that includes the New York City Marathon title in 2009 and a silver medal in the 2004 Olympics. Running just two weeks before his 39th birthday, he had the names of the 2013 bombing victims on his bib.

    "The Star-Spangled Banner" played over Boylston Street in honor of an American winner of the Boston Marathon. One year after a bombing there killed three people and left more than 260 injured, Meb Keflezighi added Boston to a resume that includes the New York City Marathon title in 2009 and a silver medal in the 2004 Olympics. Running just two weeks before his 39th birthday, he had the names of the 2013 bombing victims on his bib.


  • Team to play at Yankee Stadium

    Interview with New York City FC's Claudio Reyna

    Interview with New York City FC's Claudio Reyna

    Monday, April 21 2014 7:59 PM EDT2014-04-21 23:59:03 GMT
    New York City FC has hired one of America's most decorated soccer stars: Claudio Reyna, a former captain of the United States men's national soccer team, to be director of operations. It's the 20th franchise in Major League Soccer. It is the first in New York City and second in the metropolitan area after the Red Bulls, who play a few miles away in Harrison, N.J. NYCFC, which is co-owned by the New York Yankees, will start playing games in 2015 at Yankee Stadium.
    New York City FC has hired one of America's most decorated soccer stars: Claudio Reyna, a former captain of the United States men's national soccer team, to be director of operations. It's the 20th franchise in Major League Soccer. It is the first in New York City and second in the metropolitan area after the Red Bulls, who play a few miles away in Harrison, N.J. NYCFC, which is co-owned by the New York Yankees, will start playing games in 2015 at Yankee Stadium.
Powered by WorldNow

KDFW FOX 4
400 N. Griffin Street
Dallas, Texas 75202

Main Station Directory:
(214) 720-4444
News Fax:
(214) 720-3263 or (214) 720-3333

Didn't find what you were looking for?
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Fox Television Stations, Inc. and Worldnow. All Rights Reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Ad Choices