3 tbsp. vegetable oil
20 small corn tortillas (cut into thin strips)
1 tsp. kosher salt
1 tsp. fresh cracked black pepper
1/2 lb. of thinly sliced Chicharron (pork belly)
1 cup of grated Oaxaca cheese
3 smashed garlic cloves
1 tbsp. butter
1 Roma tomato
1. Heat tortilla strips in oil on medium until crispy. Toss a little salt and pepper to taste.
2. Add Chicharron, and let simmer for a bit.
3. Add garlic, butter, and the rest of the salt and pepper.
4. Add eggs, and lightly scramble.
5. Mix everything together, add cheese on one side, and fold over.
6. Garnish with Roma tomato slices, and serve. This dish goes well with a side of refried
2 Topo Chicos (soda water)
12 oranges (freshly-squeezed)
4 mint twigs
Tico (sweet, spicy chili powder candy to rim the glass)
1. Mix Topo Chicos and freshly-squeezed orange juice in a large pitcher.
2. Serve in a Tico-rimmed glass and garnish with a mint twig.
KDFW FOX 4
Main Station Directory:
Didn't find what you were looking for?