Fire Cracker Popsicles
1 Cup Greek yogurt (I prefer FAGE)
2 T Honey or Agave
1 ½ Cups Blueberries (or blackberries)
1 ½ Cups Strawberries, stems removed (or Raspberries)
1 Orange (optional to add sweetness to berries)
1. In a small bowl, add honey & yogurt. Stir to combine. Add 2 T of mixture to the bottom of your popsicle mold.
2. In a blender add strawberries and process keeping the strawberries "rough chopped". If the berries are slightly under ripe, add fresh orange juice. Add 1 Tablespoon to the top of the yogurt mixture in popsicle mold.
3. Clean blender and repeat process with Blueberries. Again, if the berries aren't sweet enough add the orange juice. Add 1 Tablespoon Strawberries on top of the yogurt & blueberry mix in popsicle mold.
4. Add Popsicle stick or spoon to center of mix and freeze 6 hours or up to 4 weeks.
*If you're popsicle mold doesn't have a "lid" make sure to add clear plastic wrap to the top.
Watermelon Margarita Popsicle
3 cups Watermelon in cubes
2 oz tequila
1 t fresh mint, thinly sliced
Zest of one Lime
2 t lime juice.
¼ t Xanthum Gum
1. In a medium bowl add watermelon and mash with a fork or place in blender and pulse to a rough chop.
2. Pour mix into a bowl and add tequila, mint, lime zest & lime juice.
3. Slowly Drizzle Xanthum gum into your mix to combine. Xanthum gum is optional; however, it will keep your popsicles slightly creamy and less ice-y.
4. Pour mix into popsicle mold and freeze minimum 8 hours.
Manhattan Bourbon Popsicle
10 oz Ginger Ale
2 oz Bourbon
4 cherries, small dice
4 cherries (garnish)
Zest of 1 orange
¼ t Xanthum Gum
1. In a medium bowl add: Ginger ale, bourbon, 4 cherries (small dice), and zest of orange. Whisk to combine ingredients and slowly drizzle in the Xanthum Gum. Pour mix into popsicle molds.
2. I spear my popsicle stick with the cherry to suspend it in the middle of the popsicle for presentation purposes.
KDFW FOX 4
Main Station Directory:
Didn't find what you were looking for?