Fireworks operator critically injured during malfunction - Dallas News | myFOXdfw.com

Fireworks operator critically injured during malfunction

Updated:

A 40-year-old pyrotechnician was critically injured after a pre-packaged box of fireworks malfunctioned at an event on Thursday night.

When a box of fireworks weren't working at a display at Mohave County Fairgrounds, Kingman Fire Department says Jeremy Lee, of Utah, went to investigate.

As Lee was checking the fireworks, they detonated improperly out of the side of their tubes and struck him in the head.

Firefighters say Lee was wearing the correct safety gear, but still received massive head injuries and burns.

He was taken to Kingman Regional Medical Center and later flown to University Medical Center in Las Vegas, Nev., in critical condition.

Didn't find what
you were looking for?

Powered by WorldNow

KDFW FOX 4
400 N. Griffin Street
Dallas, Texas 75202

Main Station Directory:
(214) 720-4444
News Fax:
(214) 720-3263 or (214) 720-3333

Didn't find what you were looking for?
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Fox Television Stations, Inc. and Worldnow. All Rights Reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Ad Choices