A 40-year-old pyrotechnician was critically injured after a pre-packaged box of fireworks malfunctioned at an event on Thursday night. When a box of fireworks weren't working at a display at Mohave County Fairgrounds, Kingman Fire Department says Jeremy Lee, of Utah, went to investigate. As Lee was checking the fireworks, they detonated improperly out of the side of their tubes and struck him in the head. Firefighters say Lee was wearing the correct safety gear, but still received massive head injuries and burns. He was taken to Kingman Regional Medical Center and later flown to University Medical Center in Las Vegas, Nev., in critical condition.
KDFW FOX 4400 N. Griffin StreetDallas, Texas 75202
Main Station Directory:(214) 720-4444News Fax:(214) 720-3263 or (214) 720-3333