WACO, Texas (AP) - A Central Texas day care operator has been named in a warrant alleging a baby died from an overdose of an over-the-counter drug meant to keep the girl asleep.
Waco police on Thursday announced 49-year-old Marian Bergman Fraser remains at large while facing a charge of injury to a child causing death.
Police say 4-month-old Clara Margurite Felton of Waco died March 4 due to a toxic level of antihistamine in her system. Police believe the girl was given Benadryl to keep the youngster asleep during naptime.
Investigators say the baby was transported to a hospital and declared dead after being found unresponsive in her crib at the Spoiled Rotten day care center.
A number listed for the day care center was not working Thursday.
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
KDFW FOX 4
Main Station Directory:
Didn't find what you were looking for?