The City of Fort Worth is facing questions after it again mistakenly demolished a home.
In this case, the city had approval to demolish the main house which was damaged in a fire. But there are no records that show the city had approval to knock down a smaller home in the backyard.
Juanita Anchonda said her family said nothing publicly until now because they didn't think it would matter.
"I didn't call anyone. It's just that I thought there's nothing you can do," said Anchonda. "It seemed like if they did it, they must've had authority to do it. So what can you do, if they did it, what can you do?"
Anchonda said countless personal items were lost when the house got knocked down on July 11.
"My mom's stuff, her clothes, her shoes, her boots. Everything. Her pictures, my grandma's pictures," Anchonda.
The city's Building Standards Commission approved the demolition for the burned home in a Feb. 25 meeting, but there was never any mention of the small structure behind the home. In other cases the commission repeatedly refers to "rear structures."
The City of Fort Worth, when asked for comment by FOX4, said it couldn't confirm anything and they are looking into the matter.
FOX4 previously reported about a different home that was mistakenly demolished by Fort Worth crews on July 12.
KDFW FOX 4
Main Station Directory:
Didn't find what you were looking for?