Men frying chicken in storage unit spark fire - Dallas News | myFOXdfw.com

Men frying chicken in storage unit spark fire

Posted: Updated:
JUSTIN, Texas -

Two men trying to fry chicken inside a rented storage unit caused a fire that destroyed parts of the building.

Denton County Fire officials said the fire broke out Tuesday night at the Alliance Raceway Storage on FM 156 in Justin.

The individual who rented the unit went there to get supplies for a camping trip. And he and his buddy decided to cook dinner before leaving, officials said.

Investigators believe they left the fryer unattended for a short time and it caught fire.

A total of eight units were damaged.

All of the people who lost items in the fire have been contacted by the storage company's management.

Official do not expect to file charges against the man because they said it was an accident.

Powered by WorldNow

KDFW FOX 4
400 N. Griffin Street
Dallas, Texas 75202

Main Station Directory:
(214) 720-4444
News Fax:
(214) 720-3263 or (214) 720-3333

Didn't find what you were looking for?
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Fox Television Stations, Inc. and Worldnow. All Rights Reserved.
Privacy Policy | New Terms of Service What's new | Ad Choices