Students at Keyes Elementary School in Irving were asked to leave their classrooms for a while Thursday morning because of a gas leak on the campus.
School district officials said construction workers were working on a remodeling project when they accidentally cut a line.
Video from SKY 4 showed children walking to a nearby playground. Fire trucks were parked in front of the main building.
A crew from the gas company were able to turn off the gas and clear the building. They are now working to fix the line.
Students were allowed to return to class once the all clear was given.
KDFW FOX 4400 N. Griffin StreetDallas, Texas 75202
Main Station Directory:(214) 720-4444News Fax:(214) 720-3263 or (214) 720-3333