1 ½ cups cubed old bread
½ cup half & half
1 small or med egg
½ tsp vanilla extract
¼ tsp cinnamon
1 TB sugar
¼ tsp orange zest
3-4 medium strawberries, sliced
1 tsp sugar
½ tsp balsamic vinegar
pinch of coarse black pepper
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Spray small baking ramekin with nonstick cooking spray.
3. Add cubed bread to ramekin.
4. In a small mixing bowl, whisk together egg, half & half, vanilla extract, sugar and orange zest.
5. Pour mixture over bread.
6. Bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes.
7. While bread mixture is baking, mix strawberries, sugar, balsamic vinegar and pepper in small bowl.
8. Set strawberries aside at room temperature.
9. Remove French toast from oven, pour strawberry mixture over the top and serve warm.
KDFW FOX 4
Main Station Directory:
Didn't find what you were looking for?