Fair Park family's dog saves couple from house fire - Dallas News | myFOXdfw.com

Fair Park family's dog saves couple from house fire

Posted: Updated:

A family pet saved a couple from a house fire in Fair Park on Thursday morning.

Mommy, a five-year-old rat terrier dog, woke them up around 2:30 a.m. and the homeowners discovered their house was on fire in the 1500 block of Caldwell Ave.

The wife immediately called 911 and the husband tried to fight the fire himself, but there was too much smoke so he had to stop and leave.

Smoke and fire was coming out of the attic of the home when firefighters arrived.

The homeowners were thankful they were able to escape with their dog.

"Stuff I can get stuff again, but not my dog," said Gabriela Olalde.

The fire damaged large parts of the house, including the ceilings and main living areas.

One firefighter suffered minor injuries fighting the fire, but is expected to recover.

Powered by WorldNow

400 N. Griffin Street
Dallas, Texas 75202

Main Station Directory:
(214) 720-4444
News Fax:
(214) 720-3263 or (214) 720-3333

Didn't find what you were looking for?
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Fox Television Stations, Inc. and Worldnow. All Rights Reserved.
Privacy Policy | New Terms of Service What's new | Ad Choices