2 parts Kosher salt
1 part black pepper
2 parts dried oregano
1 part dried parsley
1. Prepare dry rub in a separate bowl
2. Peel and cut into slivers and combine into dry rub
3. Cut small slits on all surfaces of the lamb
4. Roll garlic slivers in dry rub so some adheres to the garlic and using your finger insert deeply into slits
5. Rub entire surface with juice and evenly season with remaining dry rub
6. Cook at 350° for one (1) hour. Drain off fat and add hot water to pan.
7. Spread butter on lamb and return to oven. Cook for 1 ½ hours more (approximately 20 min/pound), or until lamb is cooked to taste. Turn lamb during cooking to brown evenly.
8. Allow lamb to rest, loosely covered with aluminum foil, in a warm place for 15 - 20 minutes before carving.
Skim off excess fat from pan juices; reduce juices if necessary to serve with lamb.
A Greek tradition and staple - Cool and creamy, this tangy cucumber dip flavored with garlic is the perfect compliment to grilled meats and vegetables. It's served on the side with warm pita bread triangles for dipping, and is also used as a condiment for souvlaki.
From the Kitchen of John Lymberopoulos
Combine olive oil, vinegar, garlic, salt, and pepper in a bowl.
Mix until well combined.
Using a whisk, blend the yogurt with the sour cream and lemon juice.
Add the olive oil mixture to the yogurt mixture and mix well.
Finally, add the cucumber and chopped fresh dill.
Chill for at least two hours before serving.
Garnish with a sprig of fresh dill just before serving.
KDFW FOX 4
Main Station Directory:
Didn't find what you were looking for?