Cracked white hominy - 2 pounds
kosher salt 1 Tbsp.
8 qt container
stainless steel pot
1. Place hominy in a tall storage container and rinse under cold running water, stirring till water runs clear
2. Once hominy is well rinsed, cover with cold water by 6 inches and let soak overnight.
3. Drain and rinse the hominy the next day and place in a stainless steel pot and cover with 4 inches of waterand the salt.
4. Bring water to a boil and reduce to a simmer. Cook till tender, about 1.5-2 hours making sure to skim any foam and that the water level remains high.
5. When the hominy is tender, strain the water and rinse the hominy well. Lay out on a sheet tray in a thin layer to cool.
6. Store in a labeled and dated container.
1.5 cups white hominy
1 Tbsp. diced carrot/celery mix
3 oz. water
2 oz. reduced heavy cream
2 oz. cheddar
1 oz. smoke ham (diced)
to taste salt & pepper
1 tsp. chive (minced)
1. Place hominy and carrot/celery mixture and water in a sauté pan. Heat over medium to simmer.
2. Add cream to hot hominy and simmer to coat, add cheese, ham and seasoning.
3. Return to a simmer and cook till cheese is melted and the mixture is hot and well combined.
4. Taste and adjust seasoning.
5. Pour into a hot serving dish and garnish with chives before serving.
KDFW FOX 4
Main Station Directory:
Didn't find what you were looking for?