1 pound fresh mozzarella curd
2 ounces fine sea salt
4 cups water
· Cut cheese curd into 1 inch cubes
· Place in mixing bowl
· Use 2 cups of luke warm water and pour over curd to bring to room temperature
· Bring the other 2 cups to a temperature of 170 degrees F.
· Add salt to tempered water
· Strain room temperature water from curd in mixing bowl
· Pour 170 degree water over room temperature curd
· Let stand for 3 minutes
· With a wooden paddle or large wooden spoon, slowly stir and flip the curd over itself until it starts to come together
· Continue this process until all curd it together
· Star pulling curd by raising paddle and letting curd slowly drip back down into water
· Repeat until curd becomes smooth, together and has shine
· While still in warm water, roll cheese together into several small balls. About 6 ounces each
· Then place in ice bath
· Let rest in ice bath in refrigerator overnight.
KDFW FOX 4
Main Station Directory:
Didn't find what you were looking for?