The Dallas man accused of shooting an 8-year-old boy in the face had his bond reduced to $500,000 on Monday.
Last week a judge heard from prosecutors who said accused shooter Brian Cloninger and his wife were less than forthcoming about their ability to raise money.
A judge on Monday ordered Cloninger's bond reduced from $1 million cash to $500,000 cash or a $2.5 million surety bond to be released from jail.
Restrictions on the bond include wearing an ankle monitor, surrendering of Cloninger's passport and the monitoring of his alcohol intake.
"I can't say that I'm disappointed because we got all the conditions we could possibly think of to ensure the safety of the public and our victim and to ensure that he is present for trial," said prosecutor Tammy Kemp.
In court, prosecutors played recordings of jailhouse calls that they said prove Cloninger's relatives were able to pay the higher amount.
The boy is recovering, but his family said he lives in fear.
KDFW FOX 4
Main Station Directory:
Didn't find what you were looking for?