Texas man burned after Halloween costume fire - Dallas News | myFOXdfw.com

Texas man burned after Halloween costume fire

Posted: Updated:

TYLER, Texas (AP) - Investigators say a man in East Texas has suffered severe burns after his camouflage-like Halloween costume caught fire in an alleged cigarette accident.

Tyler Fire Department officials on Friday did not immediately identify the hospitalized man or update his condition. Fire Marshal Paul Findley says the victim wore camouflage-type clothing that resembles foliage - commonly known as a ghillie suit.

Findley says crews on Thursday night were dispatched to a Tyler home about a person on fire. Bystanders help put out the blaze. The victim was transported to a Tyler hospital then moved to a burn unit in Dallas.

Findley says investigators believe the fire may have been the result of cigarette smoking materials.

Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

Powered by WorldNow

KDFW FOX 4
400 N. Griffin Street
Dallas, Texas 75202

Main Station Directory:
(214) 720-4444
News Fax:
(214) 720-3263 or (214) 720-3333

Didn't find what you were looking for?
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Fox Television Stations, Inc. and Worldnow. All Rights Reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Ad Choices