No one hurt in large Lewisville apartment fire - Dallas News | myFOXdfw.com

No one hurt in large Lewisville apartment fire

Posted: Updated:
LEWISVILLE, Texas -

Firefighters battled a large apartment fire in Lewisville early Tuesday morning.

It began at the Autumn Breeze Apartments near Business Highway 121 and McCart Drive before 5 a.m.

Cody Baker said he got home after working a 12-hour late shift and accidentally fell asleep with a pot on the stove.

"Came home. Did my normal routine. Started a pot of grease to cook me something for lunch the next day and before I knew it I was waking up to smoke. Got my family out. Tried to go back in to put the flames out. By the time I made it to the kitchen the flames engulfed my face and I had to army crawl out," he said.

Baker and his wife went door to door to wake up neighbors. One neighbor credits them for her making sure she got out safely.

Officials said everyone was able to escape and there were no serious injuries.

But, Baker said he still feels a lot of guilt about causing so much damage. His family lost everything in the blaze.

Powered by WorldNow

KDFW FOX 4
400 N. Griffin Street
Dallas, Texas 75202

Main Station Directory:
(214) 720-4444
News Fax:
(214) 720-3263 or (214) 720-3333

Didn't find what you were looking for?
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Fox Television Stations, Inc. and Worldnow. All Rights Reserved.
Privacy Policy | New Terms of Service What's new | Ad Choices