Local Grass-Fed Beef Chuck Roast 2.5 lbs
Olive oil as needed
Onions, peeled, cut in 1/6ths 2 ea
Garlic, peeled, minced 2 T
Flour 2 T
Tomatoes, chopped 3 ea
Texas Red Wine 2 c
Beef Stock 1 qt
Bay Leaf 1 ea
Carrots, peeled, chopped large 4 ea
Butternut Squash, peeled, large dice 4 c
Kale, washed, stemmed, torn .5 bunch
Green Beans, clipped, halved 1 PT
Fresh thyme, picked, chopped ½ bu
Salt, Fresh Cracked Black Pepper To Taste
1. Season the beef on all sides with salt and pepper.
2. Sear beef in hot oil in a preheated dutch oven or braising pan. Remove and reserve.
3. Add onion and sear. Add garlic and cook until aroma is apparent.
4. Add flour stir and cook for two minutes.
5. Add tomatoes. Cook for two minutes or until reduced.
6. Deglaze with red wine. Cook for two minutes until slightly thickened.
7. Add beef stock. Stir to incorporate. Add a little salt and pepper.
8. Return Beef to pot. Bring to a simmer. Add bay leaf and a sprig of thyme.
9. Cover pan and place in a 350˚ oven.
10. Braise until fork tender. Approximately 3 hours total.
11. With 30 minutes left to cook, add remaining ingredients and cook until fork tender.
12. Season to taste and serve.
KDFW FOX 4
Main Station Directory:
Didn't find what you were looking for?