Walton County girl seriously burned in bizarre accident - Dallas News | myFOXdfw.com

Walton County girl seriously burned in bizarre swing set accident

Posted: Updated:
WALTON COUNTY, Ga. -

A 2-year-old girl is in critical condition from serious burns she suffered in an apparent bizarre accident over the weekend in Walton County.

Investigators believe the victim's 4-year-old sister got a hold of a gasoline can and poured fuel onto their swing set's plastic slide. Authorities believe static electricity ignited a fire when the girl slid down the slide.

Sheriff Joe Chapman said that the girl's father had just stepped inside when the incident happened. He heard screams and scrambled to help his daughter by dousing her with water in the shower. She was rushed to a nearby fire station for help.

The girl suffered burns over 30 percent of her body and is in Grady Hospital's burn unit.

Chapman said that no charges are pending as it appears to be a tragic accident.

Powered by WorldNow

KDFW FOX 4
400 N. Griffin Street
Dallas, Texas 75202

Main Station Directory:
(214) 720-4444
News Fax:
(214) 720-3263 or (214) 720-3333

Didn't find what you were looking for?
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Fox Television Stations, Inc. and Worldnow. All Rights Reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Ad Choices